Memphis Animal Services offers a wide range of programs & services; including the sheltering of lost and homeless animals, pet adoption and placement, spay/neuter programs, handling of animal control complaints & bite cases, dog licensing, cruelty investigations, public information/humane education, and more.
You took over at MAS in the summer of 2016. What kind of situation did you walk into?
- What have been some of the biggest changes at MAS over the past few years?
- Why don't you use breed labeling? What are some of the challenges faced by dogs that look like certain breeds (Note: we say "look like"
because we have no idea what breed these dogs are--only a DNA test can tell us that)?
- Your save rate year-to-date is 90%? What does that mean, and why is it meaningful?
- What are you most proud of that your team has accomplished so far?
- We've talked a lot about what happens inside the shelter--what about what's happening outside the shelter with your Animal Services Officers?
- What are you excited about for the future of MAS?
- What do you wish people understood about the work you do?
- How can people help you accomplish your goal of never euthanizing for space again?
Learn more: https://www.memphistn.gov/animal_service
Copyright © 2016 All Rights Reserved.
Created by eBiz Solutions