For 25 years, The Women's Foundation for a Greater Memphis (WFGM) has played a major role as a backbone organization aligning people, resources, and coordinating community-based services through the two-generation approach to reducing poverty.
The mission of the Women's Foundation for a Greater Memphis is to encourage philanthropy, foster leadership among women and support programs that enable women and children to reach their full potential.
• VISION WFGM is an agent of change committed to a community of well being and prosperity, where women live in sufficiency, strength, and safety, sharing their leadership and empowering their children.
• Since 1996, WFGM has awarded $31 million to more than 530 programs involving more than 115 local non-profits, including investments in advocacy and research.
• During our first grants cycle in 1996, we awarded $60,000 to local community-based organizations. Now, we boast an annual fund campaign of more than $2.5 million.
• Our next event is the Title IX Girls Summit. Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972 is a federal law that states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
• Approximately 450 girls from across Shelby County will spend the day a FedExForum, sampling a range of movement, non-traditional, and traditional sports clinics.
• For more information email our Director of Grants and Program, Patri Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also volunteer for our 25th Anniversary events.
• Follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for the latest information o the Women's Foundation including volunteer opportunities.
Learn more: https://www.wfgm.org/
Copyright © 2016 All Rights Reserved.
Created by eBiz Solutions